[NTLK] override :close() method?

From: Tom McDougal (tmcdougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Mon Jun 02 2003 - 08:16:41 PDT

Is it possible to override the :close method for a view? I was
thinking something like this:

close: func ()
    begin
      ...[do some stuff]...
      AddDelayedCall( func () inherited:?close(), nil );
    end,

But I don't think 'inherited:? is going to work right since the
statement is likely to be executed in a different context.

By the way, if I ought to be submitting such questions in another
forum, please redirect me.

Thanks.
-Tom

P.S. Why do I want to do this? My bowling scores app doesn't save
state between quits, and I want to display a dialog when the user
taps on the close button giving the user a chance to reconsider.

--
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html