Re: NTLK Jot v Calligrapher v Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 14:10:40 CDT

they both suck! badly! Any kind of letter recognition
that requires that the user modify their handwriting
to appease a machine is bad. My opinion is that a
machine is supposed to modify it's self to the user,
not the other way around. New Newt has the BEST
recognizer around. Anything else is just junk
software. Substituting the Newton's handwriting
recognition for something like Jot or something else
is like having an Indy race care and puting street
bias-ply tires on it. Sure it will run, but you ruin
the very performance that you purchased the car for!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- David.Oxtoby@recipe-dish.co.uk wrote:
> I'm doing some research into the different HWR's out
> there, any one got any
> thoughts on the above and how they compare with the
> Newt.....?
>
> D.

> The information included in this e-mail is of a
> confidential nature
> and is intended only for the addressee. If you are
> not the intended
> addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution
> by you is
> prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any
> party other than
> the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is
> not intended to
> waive the privilege or confidentiality.
>
> Although this e-mail and any attachments are
> believed to be free from
> any virus, or other defect which might affect any
> system into which
> they are received or opened, it is the
> responsibility of the recipient
> to ensure that they are virus free and to check that
> they will not
> adversely affect its systems and data. No
> responsibility is accepted
> by Northern Foods PLC for any loss or damage arising
> in any way from
> their receipt, opening or use.

> NewtonTalk brought to you by:
>
> EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet!
> All the players, all the news, and the hottest
> analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere....
> visit http://www.evote.com today!

> Visit the NewtonTalk section at
http://www.planetnewton.com

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com